Welcome to our website and app (“Site and App”). This Site and App is operated by Leading Locally Ltd (“we,” “us” and “our”) and allows you to: (a) participate in interactive features that we may make available from time to time; or (b) simply view this Site and App. We prepared these Site and App Rules (this “Agreement”) to help explain the terms that apply to your use of this Site and App.
1. Your Use of this Site and App and Affirmative Representations
When you use this Site and App, you represent that: (a) the information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will update your contact information if it changes so that we can contact you; (c) your use of this Site and App and your use of services available on this Site and App do not violate any applicable law or regulation; (d) you are 18 years of age or older; and (e) you will comply with the rules for on-line conduct and what you contribute to this Site and App, as discussed in Section 2 below. You further represent and warrant that you will comply with all local rules regarding on-line conduct and acceptable Contributions (as defined below).
2. Rules Governing Public Contributions, Forums and Interactive Features
- own or have sufficient rights to post your Contributions, on or through this Site and App;
- will not post Contributions that violate our or any other person’s privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights or contract rights;
- have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to Contributions, agree to pay all royalties, fees and any other monies owed to person by reason of Contributions that you posted to or through this Site and App;
- will not post Contributions that: (i) are defamatory, damaging, disruptive, unlawful, inaccurate, pornographic, vulgar, indecent, profane, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, threatening, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable; (ii) incite, encourage or threaten immediate physical harm against another, including but not limited to, Contributions that promote racism, bigotry, sexism, religious intolerance or harm against any group or individual; or (iii) contain material that solicits personal information from anyone under 13 or exploits anyone in a sexual or violent manner;
- will not post Contributions that contain advertisements or solicit any person to buy or sell products or services (other than our products and services);
- will not use this Site and App for any unauthorized purpose including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of other users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or other electronic communications, or engaging in unauthorized framing of, or linking to, this Site and App without our express written consent;
- will not post Contributions that constitute, contain, install or attempt to install or promote spyware, malware or other computer code, whether on our or others’ computers or equipment, designated to enable you or others to gather information about or monitor the on-line or other activities of another party;
- will not transmit chain letters, bulk or junk email or interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on this Site and App or the networks or services connected to this Site and App, including without limitation, hacking into this Site and App, or using the system to send unsolicited or commercial emails, bulletins, comments or other communications; or
- will not impersonate any other person or entity, sell or let others use your profile or password, provide false or misleading identification or address information, or invade the privacy, or violate the personal or proprietary right, of any person or entity.
3. Grant of License to Us for Contributions
We need a license from you so that we can use your Contributions on this Site and App or elsewhere. By making a Contribution to this Site and App, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Contribution to anyone else in addition to us), fully-paid, royalty-free (meaning that we are not required to pay you to use your Contribution), sublicensable (meaning that we can sublicense its rights to, for example, third party hosted service providers who host this Site and App) and worldwide (because the Internet and this Site and App are global in reach) license to use, modify, create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and distribute the Contribution.
4. Use and Protection of Account Number and Password
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account number and password, if applicable. You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not actually or expressly authorized by you.
5. Our Intellectual Property Rights
All of the content on this Site and App (“Materials”), the trademarks, service marks, and logos contained on this Site and App (“Marks”), are owned by or licensed to us and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and international conventions. We reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to this Site and App and the Materials. If you download or print a copy of the Materials for your own personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in and on the materials. You agree that you will not circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of this Site and App or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Materials or enforce limitations on use of this Site and App or the Materials on this Site and App. You further agree not to access this Site and App by any means other than through the interface that we provide, unless otherwise specifically authorized by us in a separate written agreement.
6. Management of this Site and App, User Misconduct
- 6.1 Our Site and App Management. We may, but are not required to: (a) monitor or review this Site and App for violations of this Agreement and for compliance with our policies; (b) report to law enforcement authorities and/or take legal action against anyone who violates this Agreement; (c) refuse, restrict access to or the availability of, or remove or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any Contribution or any portion thereof that may violate this Agreement, the law or any of our policies or are excessive in size or burdensome; and/or (d) manage this Site and App in a manner designed to protect our and third parties’ rights and property or to facilitate the proper functioning of this Site and App.
- 6.2 Our Right to Terminate Users. Without limiting any other provision of this agreement, we reserve the right to, in our sole discretion and without any notice or liability deny access to and use of this site and app to any person for any reason or for no reason at all, including without limitation for breach or any representation, warranty or covenant contained in this agreement, or any applicable law or regulation.
- 6.3 Risk of Harm. Please note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of physical harm, of dealing with strangers, including persons who may be acting under false pretenses. Please choose carefully the information you post on this Site and App and that you give to other Site and App users. You are discouraged from publicly posting the following information on this Site and App: your full name, telephone numbers and street addresses. Despite this prohibition, other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom you come in contact through this Site and App. We expect that you will use caution and common sense when using this Site and App.
7. Term and Survival
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use this Site and App. You may terminate your use or participation at any time, for any reason, by emailing us at [email protected]. Upon termination of your Site and App account for any reason, we will close your account, and you will no longer be able to retrieve materials contained in the account. Even after your use and participation is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections: 1-3, 5-8 and 10-17.
8. Copyright Policy
We may terminate the account and access rights of any repeat infringer. If you are a copyright owner or the legal agent of a copyright owner, and you believe that any user submission or content on this Site and App infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the our Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice.
The Internet, technology and mobile telephony are rapidly changing. Accordingly, we may modify this Agreement from time to time. We will contact you if we do so, which is why it is important that you notify us immediately if your email address changes. If you are a registered user, you will be asked to click to accept the new agreement the next time you log on to this Site and App in order to be able to use the interactive portions of this Site and App. We will also put any revised versions of this Agreement on this Site and App with a notice advising of the change. It is therefore important that you regularly check this Site and App for any announcements about revisions and keep your contact information current to ensure you are informed of any changes.
10. Third Party Sites
11. Disputes Between Users
You are solely responsible for your conduct. You agree that we cannot be liable for any dispute that arises between you and any other user.
12. Disputes with Us, Choice of Law and Forum
You and we agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of CAMBRIDGE, UNITED KINGDOM. You and we further agree that any disputes shall be resolved under the law of ENGLAND AND WALES.
ALL CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS PROVIDED THROUGH SITE AND APP ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND. BY OPERATING THIS SITE AND APP, WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR IMPLY THAT WE ENDORSE ANY CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS AVAILABLE ON OR LINKED TO BY THIS SITE AND APP, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONTENT HOSTED ON THIRD PART SITES, OR THAT WE BELIEVE CONTRIBUTIONS OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR ITEMS TO BE ACCURATE, USEFUL OR NON-HARMFUL. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DO NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THIS SITE AND APP. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THIS SITE AND APP SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND APP AND SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE AND EACH OF OUR ADVERTISERS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, INVESTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER CONTRACTORS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE AND APP AND YOUR USE THEREOF.
WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE AND APP’S CONTENT, THE CONTENT OF ANY SITE LINKED TO THIS SITE AND APP, CONTRIBUTIONS, INFORMATION OR ANY OTHER ITEMS OR MATERIALS ON THIS SITE AND APP OR LINKED TO BY THIS SITE AND APP. WE ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (A) ERRORS, MISTAKES OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT AND MATERIALS, (B) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE AND APP OR SERVICES, (C) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (D) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THIS SITE AND APP, (E) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THIS SITE AND APP BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (F) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THIS SITE AND APP.
SOME STATES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF YOU RESIDE IN ONE OF THESE STATES OR JURISDICTIONS, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. Limited Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE AND APP, CONTRIBUTIONS, MATERIALS OR ANY OTHER CONTENT THEREIN. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN RESPECT OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE SUFFERED BY YOU AND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR FOR BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR IN ANY OTHER WAY SHALL NOT EXCEED GBP 50.00.
15. Liquidated Damages
You acknowledge and agree that spam is harmful to a site, service or network and causes injury, including damage to reputation and goodwill, which is difficult to measure. As a reasonable estimation of harm, you agree to pay us GBP 50.00 for each unsolicited commercial email or other unsolicited commercial communication that you send from, to or through this Site and App.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, and licensors and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of this Site and App, Content or Materials in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above.
- 17.1 Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of this Site and App and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous understandings and agreements between you and us related to the subject matter hereof.
- 17.2 Independent Contractors. Nothing in this Agreement shall be deemed to create an agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee or franchisor-franchisee relationship of any kind between us and any user.
- 17.3 No Third Party Beneficiaries. This Agreement is between you and us. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement.
- 17.4 Section Titles. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- 17.5 Non-Waiver. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
- 17.6 Severability. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision or part of a provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that provision or part of the provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- 17.7 Assignment. You may not assign your rights under this Agreement to any third party; we may assign our rights under this Agreement without condition.
18. Contact Us
This Site and App is operated by Leading Locally Ltd. If you need to contact us, please include your name, address and email address in your correspondence to us, at the contact details provided for Leading Locally Ltd on this Site and App.
This Agreement was last updated on 1 June 2019
Copyright Infringement Notification
If you believe that content available on or through the Leading Locally website or mobile app (“Website or Mobile App”) infringes one or more of your copyrights, please immediately notify the Leading Locally Copyright Agent by mail, email or fax (“Notification”) providing the information described below. A copy of your Notification will be sent to the person responsible for the material addressed in the Notification.
Please be advised that you may be held liable for damages if you make material misrepresentations pursuant to federal law in a Notification. Thus, if you are not sure content located on or linked-to by the Website infringes your copyright, you should consider first contacting an attorney.
All Notifications should include the following:
A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material.
Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Notifications should be sent to Leading Locally Ltd.